Thursday, December 01, 2005

Damien Watching and NOT Touching

Yes, I warned earlier that the Holiday madness was right around the corner. I'm facinated with the idea of how Damien and Nick are perceiving all of the "hub-bub" around these holidays, the extended family, and life in general. For instance, what was their Christmas like last year? We don't know really. I'd like to think that this is Damien's first time watching a Christmas Train circle underneath a Christmas tree. There are many, many things that we as adults take for granted that are brand spankin' new to these boys. I don't want to overstate that point- after all, Damien's 3 yrs old. He hasn't had TIME to see everything I've seen. All the joy and fun I remember is fresh for him. Last night, he and Laurie were watching the 1960's Rankin-Bass classic "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer" on TV last night. I found (listening from upstairs) that I did NOT know every line in the show word for word like I thought I did. Have I just forgotten what it was to be a kid?

No comments: