Wednesday, February 24, 2010

It's time to take on the 419 Scammers again!

In which I amuse myself with scambaiting 419 scammers....

Many of you will remember the previous exploits of my 419 alter ego, Father Roscoe, seen here on the right.
While I will admit there is somewhat of a resemblance, the actual image scarcely matters in the context of the reverse 419 scam, or scambaiting as it is also known. Much fun can be had little investment. TREMENDOUS amounts of fun can be had if you already have a well-established back story that paints you as a sympathetic priest of an obscure quasi-Roman Catholic sect. So of course, I have such a back story. Really only the address and zip code changes. For a review of one of my previous scambaits, dig back in to the archive of this blog here in the archive. Start there, and click "newer post" to read the blog chronologically.

The first thing you need for a successful scam bait is, well... bait. This would come in the form of an unexpected email... that email that we've all been waiting for... letting us know our fortunes are about to change. Below is a real email that I got at Fr. Coltrane's email address.

fromRaymond Mark
tocoltrane.rp@gmail.com
dateMon, Sep 14, 2009 at 7:55 AM
subjectLoan Offer...Apply Now
mailed-byyahoo.com
signed-byyahoo.com
hide details 9/14/09
Hello
We give loans at interest rate of 5% implied warranty i will be able to lend any amount of money need,You were asking if this is true well i am telling that we have been doing this for 3years OK
we can give 10,000 the minimum and maximum 5,000,000 (Business), is good that you want to fill the loan application form, so I can send my terms and conditions to which the loan
application form below.

Loan application form
Name (Mr., Ms., Dr., etc.) Mr.
Name:
Middle Name:
Surname:
Date of birth (yyyy-mm-dd):
Gender: Male
Marital status:
Total amount needed:
Duration time:
Address:
City:
State / Province:
Postcode:
Country:
Phone:
Fax:
Mobile / Cell:
Monthly Income:
Occupation:
E-mail:
I WANT YOU TO FILL THE LOAN FORM THE PROPER USE OF DATA, I
LOOKING FORWARD TO YOU BE YOUR ANSWER.

You can call me on +2348070632385 for more information.



No comments: